Monday, November 25, 2019

Tired Tired Nixon Moon Landing Tired

What a long day!

I don't have much in me for blogging tonight. The fragments left in my brain are the same old borderline hopeless things about impeachment and epistemic polarization as I've been writing about for a while now.

Tomorrow I drive (and drive and drive and drive) all the way up to my family in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. I hope my car makes it. I hope I make it. Today wasn't so great on the "consuming sufficient calories" score.

In my caffeine-fueled morning, I briefly entertained a whole (smallish) book on online performance and lying. I . . . simply can't bring to mind much of a coherent assessment of that thought process right now, lol.

I leave you, then, with the weirdness of deepfakes. As you may know, Nixon's speechwriter William Safire had prepared a statement for the President to read in the event that the Apollo moon landing had ended in disaster. Some bright folks at MIT have deepfaked a video of "President Nixon" reading that statement:




Funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment